Friday, March 2, 2012

In The Works: an update!

Hi there everyone! I'm sorry for asking about a thrifting link party and then disappearing.
It's been a hectic couple of weeks...more weeks then I care to count but I'm back!  I have a couple of projects going at the moment, some painting, jewelry, lots of baby gifts a friend I work with had her son and my best friend had her daughter early so the pressure is on! I have all the fabric and have started cutting it into strips for her big girl quilt but need to cut quite a bit more and start piecing it all together. I am also making some thin summertime blankets for her out of vintage thrifted fabric-when I really thought about everything I have been given for my son I used his light thin blankets layered when he was born then just those once it got warm-I think they were the most used gift I got actually. I really like this semi tutorial for thin blankets over at I Am Momma-Hear Me Roar I'm not planning on going so in depth for the little boy he already has multiples of everything so I thought I would make him some stuffed ribbon toys, maybe some dinosaurs since that is his nursey theme.
Then I have some refashions planned for myself, thinking I will give myself a refashion challenge maybe a month of refashions? Barring work clothes since I have to wear black slacks and a white button up with tie etc. at work...or maybe I should tackle that refashion men's shirts and slacks/trousers into work clothes? What do you think?
I will have a little guideline/rules to go by before I do it definitely and will post them up here beforehand, anyone else like to try this with me?
I am also very delighted to be participating in Mon Petit Lyons Covert Robin Gift Swap



Hurray! I must go get sewing crafting and dance with my fussy baby. Just wanted to post a little update and let everyone know I am coming back with some fun thrifty finds and projects very soon!
Bonnie MS

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks for joining Stripes Week. Feel free to post your outfits however you feel most comfortable. We're grateful for your participation.

    ReplyDelete