Monday, October 8, 2012

KCWC Day 1 *Happy Dance*


Hi guys! I feel so silly today. I somehow forgot Elsie Marley's KCWC Fall 2012 Challenge started today! I realized it had when I saw BeginwithB's Super cute day one boy pants
Such a cute color and love the lines changing directions! They look perfect for a happy active toddler :)
I most definitely need to cut out and sew up some pants for my growing Bird-he is 16 months and in 2T sized onsies, shorts, and sleepers. His shirt size is still 12 months but his legs are long like his Daddy's with fairly narrow hips and tiny baby butt so he needs 2T pants lengthwise and a bit tighter waist to stay up.
So pants for Bird are a big part of my KCWC sewing list. I've been very inspired by A Little Gray's Fantastic Colorblocked Pants
I love the two tone blue pants they look so cool to me!
I might try making some suspender style pants for Bird-it makes a whole bunch of sense as it might help me keep his pants on! He takes the pants he has off all the time while playing 0.0 so a couple varieties of pants for him as well as some 24 month sized shortall/overalls using Feather's Flights very cool pattern and tutorial out of some thrifted polos and my "Refashion" clothes stash.
Super cute right? I can see these being like pajamas or run around grocery shopping  attire :) I'm thinking of making them overall style with shoulder straps and buttons instead of doing the leg snaps. And maybe painting a cartoonish skeleton on a pair for Bird just in time for Halloween-should be cute, comfy and most importantly warm!
And then I want to splatter/inkblot paint some knit fabric and make some leggings for both Bird and our Christmas Girl like these Alisa Burke's Funky Painted Baby Pants or Willow Would's Inkblot Baby Leggings
maybe some newborn overalls for her using Made By Rae's Free Itty Bitty Dress Pattern for the top and just lengthen the bodice a tiny bit and add some leggings like Neutral Knit Baby Leggings Free Pattern and Tutorial or Make it-Love It's Super Simple 2 Piece Free Legging Pattern
 All three of those patterns are getting cut out either way for some super cute separates for Christmas Girl. I also have already cut out and plan to use The Alison Show's Tiny T Pattern for shirts, tunic dresses and maybe a hoodie and/or cardigan for the little miss.
And, and, and...It's naptime so I better get crackin on some of these! Cutting them out at least :) I am hoping to get at least an hour of sewing in each day and any "Prep" work will be additional and a plus. 
Are you sewing anything for KCWC? 
Bonnie MS



1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie
    Thanks for the interest you showed in the flickr group - it is set up so you just neeed to send a invite request. here is the link:http://www.flickr.com/groups/2127410@N24/

    If the link doesn't work you can find the group called view of my table or look via my flickr page, I am on there as minnado. x

    ReplyDelete